Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On Endings

Many things have ended recently. My six month work stay in Mexico, my three year relationship, and my ten year journey with Harry Potter.

I cannot yet see the beginnings these ends will reap. I expect they will come.

Each of these endings deserve due reflection.

On CAPISE, the organization I've been working for. I've learned a level of compassion and dedication I've never seen before. It has ignited my desire for the fight. Not for the reasons presented to me here, but towards the end of these reasons. The problems of poverty, oppression, destruction, and war are dwarfed by the fight for open communication and collaboration, the only way these problems will find endings.

On relationships. Nature's forces on a lone ship at sea cannot be denied nor buffered. Any attempt to do so smashed both the ship and the dock. The safest place during a tsunami is at sea. So too must this ship sail despite the weathering.

On Harry Potter. His continued resistance against all he sees wrong in the world should be an inspiration for all. Especially the next generation.

I hope my next entry will be on beginnings. I expect they will come.

2 comments:

Rollbiz said...

Hey buddy-

What's next? Are you returning to CT? Let me know where the wind places you next, we need to catch up on all of the above and more.

Interesting that you chose the title you did, although it makes sense. You're probably aware by now of another ending: Radio Open Source is on indefinite hiatus. Their last show is also titled "On Endings" and you may find it interesting and perhaps even helpful as you make sense of yours.

Hope to talk to you soon.

-Robarge

Tim Dzurilla said...

I'm afraid I listened to the Open Source on endings. Hearing Lydon get choked up at the end of the show was pretty heavy.

I'm figuring out the next step now. Worcester may work out actually.

No worries though. The next adventure is in the works for next winter!