Monday, June 8, 2009

Love

I'm engaged. We dated for 5 days but our history is longer. Here's a love letter I wrote Aria two years ago to the day of our engagement 6/6/07.

"There exists in some of us the desire to create problems for ourselves
when the ones life dishes us dont seem like enough. Large eyes for the
gluttons of punishment.

As with any problems, the primal choice of flight or fight instantly
presents itself.

While flight is the more cowardly of the two, the true coward never
looks back. Reflects. Even the shadow of the fight is too frightening.

The flight has given me plenty of time to look back. Reflect.

It´s also given me time to catch up on some reports and writing Ive
been putting off. I also started my novel on the corporate wars of the
future.

But I digress.

I have written this in the field before reading any messages you may
or may not have sent. I need not read your words to read your
thoughts. I have the same ones.

That said, I´ll head to the coast to procure a vessel (a 15-footer
aught to be a fine enough start) and you load up on the reading
materials (obviously a good selection of the classics, but dont shy
away from the trashy romance novels as well) and Ill meet up with you
at the to be agreed upon location shortly.

Take care,
Tim"

2 comments:

Marina Martin said...

Congratulations, Tim! I'm glad you found someone who shares your passion for adventure :)

Aria said...

you're the best! looking forward to the rest of our lives through whatever storms and sunny days-

oxox,
a mae